Sunday, August 8, 2010

Time For An Update, No?

Mother's Day Brunch

Drew had been growing his hair out since last Fall. I would sneak in trims around the ears and neck a bit, but otherwise he let it grow. I started to get a bit concerned when it started to grow down to his eyes. I kept asking him if he wanted his summer buzz cut and he kept denying me. I didn't know what to do, but I didn't want his hair in his eyes, and I didn't want to bobby-pin it back! The second he requested a mohawk, I immediately ran and got the buzz cutters! Is that crazy? Long hair versus a mohawk???

Rockin' the mohawk!

Drew and I hang out on Friday nights together. Jim goes to his mom's neck of the woods for yoga with his brother and mother and then dinner and a real estate meeting (Jim has his real estate license now), so Drew and I often have a movie night. Well, this night, I let him stay up extra late if he read quietly on his own. When I checked on him he had fallen asleep reading...too cute.


Catching up on a few short stories and funny jokes in the Reader's Digest.

Drew has been going to his Karate classes since the very end of January. Below he is receiving his senior yellow belt.


I love to bike ride, and Jim had finally brought down two of our bikes from Vermont, so I was super excited to get out this spring...until I remembered that Drew wouldn't be able to keep up with us on his cute little bike with training wheels! So, for Jim's birthday, Drew got him a Tag-A-Long third wheel attachment. We are all so happy! We get so many smiles, laughs, and stares when we go out and about on it. Drew loves feeling the wind in his face, and I love that we are all hanging out together!


January through July was probably the busiest time of my life...I went back to grad school for special education and took the faster than accelerated route. I took 4 classes in the winter, and three in the first summer session- one being an independent study. I have three more classes until I have my Master's Degree, but I do now have my special education certification.

It is absolutely a crazy time to be trying to find a teaching job- not as many people are staying home with their kids, and not as many people are retiring, so there are a lot less jobs out there. And on top of all that I'm a bit picky about how far I will travel for work- 30 minutes at the most, and that is even pushing it!

I've been told several times to move back to VT as there would be a job up there for me in my old school district, and it's certainly tempting...but we left VT to be closer to our families, and I want to keep that as a priority.

Drew finished off his year of school on a high note. He has a group of friends that he really clicked with. Two are off to Kindergarten next year, but one will be going back to preschool with him in the Fall.


Liam and Drew at Pre-K graduation...but they will both be returning next year...hmmm. Not good enough for Kindergarten??? Haha! Try not old enough!

Always open to trying new things (thanks to me only because I keep my mouth shut when I think something is going to be gross or whatever), Drew wanted to buy a real coconut. We had to wait a couple of days to get Jim to drill it open and crack it apart...I suppose I could have done it...

The milk is pretty sour straight from the fruit...is coconut a fruit? No, couldn't be.

What a lovely picture that Drew planted in the Hydrangea cut from our yard...but where are the arms? Should I mention to him that he forgot a pretty important element to drawing people? The hair I can do without, but the arms? What do you suppose that means when kids don't draw the arms. I think I'll look that up online right now!

1 comment:

Grammajo said...

Ahhh .... Drew is the cutest little boy in the entire world - no doubt about it. I love you all!