So, what's been going on with the Talcott's?
On the Beaumont side of the family we had our newest addition arrive in a most timely manner...funny how they tend to be born that way, but for some reason just aren't able to keep up that timeliness...Billy and Sue became parents to Gabriella Bailey Beaumont who arrived on November 4th- right on her due date!
Well, Drew recently had his scissor privileges taken away. It all started with the cutting of the jump rope. That was a warning. Next was his brand new glove with a whole cut in a finger. Grr...steam is coming out of my ears! Then I found the strap to the tunnel cut through. After the glove incident Drew was not allowed to use adult scissors anymore. When I found the strap to the tunnel cut, all scissors were taken away for an unspecified length of time. It's been about three weeks and he has to ask for an adult to cut things for him. Even though scissors are around the house, he has not used them.
On the last day of preschool before Christmas vacation Drew got in trouble- sort of. Apparently a parent had complained that their child said that Drew hit him or her (the teacher wouldn't divulge the identity of said child). She spoke to me about it letting me know that she never saw Drew hit and thought it was out of character for Drew to have hit someone. She didn't want to make a big deal of it, but she did want to mention it to Drew in a casual way. Well, Drew took it SOOOO hard that his teacher thought he hit someone (which he said he didn't do). He was embarrassed and wouldn't show his face or talk for a really long time. His teacher even felt bad for having brought it up. Drew's pretty sensitive, like both of his parents, so he took it hard that his teacher might have been upset by his possible behavior. Poor boy. Toughen up, kid. This is going to happen again in life.
We had wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays making the rounds and seeing lots of family. We were in Mystic, CT, and New Fairfield, CT for Thanksgiving and we were in Middletown, NJ for Christmas. It is super important for me to see as much family as I can during the holidays so even if we celebrate our holiday on a different day than the actual holiday then I am happy- just as long as I'm with my family. It was very nice to be home for Christmas opening presents in our own home with our own tree. My dad and stepmom came down for Christmas Eve, we went to Jim's aunt's house right in Middletown for Christmas Eve dinner, and we had Grandpa Jim over for Christmas morning before heading over to Jim's mom's for Christmas dinner- just 15 minutes away.
Do you see the light brown whiskers on Drew's cheeks? As I was putting on some makeup that morning, Drew wanted some too. I reminded him (in a gentle yet sexist way) that makeup is really only for girls. He reminded me (in a gentle and innocent way) that I let him wear makeup on Halloween when he was a kangaroo (two years ago). OK fine. He won that one. I put kangaroo whiskers and a nose on him with eyeliner!
While Billy, Sue, and Gabriella went to visit Sue's family in Canada for Christmas, we got to have their dog, Kuma, with us for two whole weeks!
Santa brought Drew this bike!
We have started a tradition with the Rotwitt's for New Year's Eve. I think this was our thrid year with them. We stay home, order in, have a fire, and just enjoy each other's company with our kids safe in bed. Rebekkah and I fight for who gets to sleep first. She's pregnant, so she was in bed by 10:30. I made it all the way 'til 12:01! Woohoo! And of course the boys were up until who knows. On New Year's Day Bekks and I leave the boys with the boys (Drew and Jacob stay home with Jim and Doug) while we go to the movies! Next year we are getting a peticure after the movies just to pamper ourselves a bit more. And next year they will have another baby! Oh my! They actually find out on Wednesday if it is a boy or a girl. We are all waiting on pins and needles in anticipation!
4 comments:
You go girl!
Beautiful Blog. Keep it coming.
Already looking forward to 2011...
Doug
ahhhhh ... that was so nice - a very happy way to end the day. I love you all!
Loved all the pictures and the great stories.
I loved the video of Drew on his bike and his story about having a tag sale. "...a little help here" That Grandson of mine is so funny and so wonderful.
Post a Comment