OK, now that our science lesson for the day is complete, let's move on to Drew (who thinks his real name is Drewby-doo. Have I mentioned that before?). He is doing SO well in school. He is now making friends and talking about his buddies that he plays with. Ooo, I love hearing his stories- I just wish he would share more!
At home Drew's new favorite activities are shaving and scrapping. He shaves crayons down to crumbles and cuts paper until it is in tiny scraps! What a test of my patience! The type A in me wants to clean up after him daily, but the rational side of me knows that I just don't have time to clean up the same mess everyday, so the rule is keep this ongoing project on the toy table and I'll help clean it all up when the phase passes- or in a week (whatever comes first).
Grandpa Jim and Drew are getting along smashingly. He just had another 'sleeping over party' at Grandpa's house. Grandpa is learning to follow my rules a little closer and I am learning to let him break my rules a bit when they are together (a little) which makes for a less stressful experience all around. I know that Drew will come back from Grandpa's very tired, TVed out, and a bit fuller of sugar. I also know that Drew is safe, having fun, eating healthy meals between his sugary snacks, and I am able to have a little adult time.
Drew reading to Grandpa Jim
Someone said something funny.
Don't forget we have a pet cat named Kitten. This is her fourth home and I really think she is the happiest here. This is simply because she is the only animal. When she first arrived in August, she never came out from under the bed when anyone (including us) was around. Last night (when Drew was at Grandpa's) we had a Halloween party and Kitten came downstairs and let guests pet her several times! Quite impressive I think. The other day we were unable to make the bed because she had positioned herself in a little ball on top of the unmade bed:

We did our annual apple picking this fall in New Jersey. We have gone every year since I was pregnant with Drew. This was the first year I made applesauce though. I thought it would be so hard, but it was so easy and the warm apple sauce is so delicious!

I found a stranger to take this pic.
We did our annual apple picking this fall in New Jersey. We have gone every year since I was pregnant with Drew. This was the first year I made applesauce though. I thought it would be so hard, but it was so easy and the warm apple sauce is so delicious!
We also went pumpkin picking a few too many times. Four times, no 5! We have so many pumpkins! Drew went with his class on a field trip.
Alex, Liam, Drew, and Garrett
And they're off through the corn maze!
We also went pumpkin picking with Jen, Miya, and Adam. The best thing about this place is the costume selection! Drew and Miya tried on a few. Oh, and after about twenty minutes and many costume changes we get to the end of the isle where we see the sign that says please do not try on the costumes! oops! We had so much fun!
We finally agreed on the scarecrow costume.
Unfortunately Jim left our camera at a friend's house the night before Halloween, so I don't have any actual pictures from Halloween! We did make some video's, so when Jim downloads those we'll put them up- don't hold your breath waiting!
We have decided to have our first Christmas as a family in New Jersey this year. Although I will miss everyone in CT, we are very excited to stay home, not travel, and start some new traditions.
We have decided to have our first Christmas as a family in New Jersey this year. Although I will miss everyone in CT, we are very excited to stay home, not travel, and start some new traditions.
2 comments:
Yeah!!! Great sum up! Love reading all the blogs - Can't wait to see you guys when baby pops out.
heheh FINALLY I can get on!!
LOVE all the pics...and the news that all is well!! We miss you!! PLan a trip to DC eh? :P
Post a Comment