Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Bit of Here and a Bit of There

Drew's school thinks we are quite the travelers...we've been up to Vermont, down to Virginia, and up to Connecticut over the past few weeks...people to see and things to do! Life is short.

Up in Vermont we bid farewell to John and Yaya who a heading out to Michigan. It's hard to believe that we will never be back in Bakersfield...the teeny, tiny town of 1200 where I taught school for 5 years!

Before we hit Bake, we visiting Burlington to check on Murray Street and visit Piper, Avi, and Michael.

I remember the day Avi was born...she is turning 7 in May! She and Drew got along so well this trip. It was very heart warming.

After a shared bath, they were warming their buns by the wood stove.

While in Bakersfield, we got to experience the yummy cooking of our Yaya, pick through her kitchen cabinets for anything we thought they might be willing to give up, collect the last of our house plants, and...

...play in the deep, deep VT snow with Yaya!
We went sledding and built several igloos.

Our next trip brought us down to Virginia a couple of weekends later...Jim saw Phish, and I hung with Anne. Drew hadn't been feeling well, so I was debating about sharing his germs with her. In the end we made the 6 hour drive which took quite a bit longer since we missed the HOV entrance in the DC area and were stuck in rush hour traffic! Yuck! What a faboo and busy time we had down there. The zoo, hiking, gardening, downtown, beef burgers disguised as veggie burgers...and of course tri-cornered hats in Colonial Williamsburg.

Mommy and Drew at the zoo.

Drew doing a little tricker...oh, yes, he is still a tricker.

Taking a rest on a mossy bed during our hike.

Playing Little People with Anne after our picnic lunch.


And last weekend we were up in CT visiting the moms...both my mom and stepmom have St. Patrick's Day birthdays, so we celebrated this weekend. Unfortunately I forgot my camera!

But upon our return, we had a little friend in our yard...

our first blossomed crocus!

And finally, a conbersation (as Drew says it) with Drew...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.... so precious. I love your blog Becca! The video is just perfect. I am so glad your travels took you back to CT. It was wonderful just being together. Tell Drew I love my birthday necklace!!!

Love and hugs always,

grammajo

Anonymous said...

He is too cute Becca! I don't know about you, but I'm scared of what happens to bad little boys when they do bad things. Sorry I missed you in CT last weekend. My Dad is playing in Somers, NY on April 4th so I'll be back for that show.

Cate

Anonymous said...

This video is sooo cute!!! I can't believe our baby boys are able to have "conbersations" now! Let us know next time you're in VT-we'd love to see you!

Sara & All

xoxo, K said...

haha he is adorable!!! :-D Did you get my last email?

Becca Girl said...

zzuuuu9/=mnbv

Kristi Ann said...

Looking through pics from last years trip to the shore!

Are you ready for a good time>?

I say we leave the kids one night with the grandparents and hit A.C!

What say you fine friend? :)hehehe

Kristi Ann said...

O.K You seriously need to call me!!
It's MAY!
Almost JUNE!
Are you ready to get baked in the sun? Bring LOTS o' sunscreen!
Brad and I are getting stoked.
woooot woooooooot!~

P.S Wanna know something kinda funny? My word verification was "burnin"...hehehehehehe. oh oh.