Drew and I started our garden seeds pretty early. In NJ spring comes quite a bit earlier than in Northern VT.
Drew planted his own Sunflower seeds in the ground all by himself. They all grew in very nicely...until the Groundhogs ate them!! I was so mad!
Thanks to the help of Facebook, I reconnected with one of my best friends from high school- who I hadn't seen since high school! Neither of us could believe how many years had passed, but it felt like the good ol' days (except for the added little ones by our sides). Jenn and I met up at my grandparents' house and spent the morning with our kids at the aquarium.
The grumpster posing with GG and Beau-Beau. He used to be so cute and smile for every picture, but those days are over. Now I'm lucky if I can get him to even look at the camera.

Drew standing in front of the Beluga Whale coming our way.

Drew, me, Mia, and Jenn! Friends forever!
The Easter Bunny is so good to Drew! He surprised us with tickets to the circus in NYC! We took the train, and Aunt Sue-Sue met us in the city for any exciting outing on Easter Sunday.
Daddy bought Drew a sword. Oh my! Was that really a good decision...I mean besides the fact that that plastic thing cost $20.
Drew and Jim literally put on a show for all of the weary travelers who were waiting for their trains.
The fighting got a bit more serious on the train.
Oh look, there's me. Yup, I was really there too.
Cioci D and Katy invited us to the beach for a little kite flying. Uncle Andrew joined us, but Cioci D ended up having to leave because the wind was just too much for Baby Sean.
Uncle Andrew and Drew flying Drew's new kite.
Katy flying her new kite.
We made a spring trip to Philly to visit the Rotwitt's. Rebekkah and I missed out on our trip to the movies, so we tried to kick all of the boys out of the living room so we could enjoy our child free time. Drew and Jim did well staying away, but Jacob and Doug just couldn't miss Slumdog Millionaire. Drew and Jake played together really well this trip and the roles were reversed for who gave the most hugs...
Sure, Jake, you can hug me.
Ha, ha. This sure is nice Jake, thanks.
OK, I think I'm done now. You can take your hands off of my neck...please.
Mommy, Jake's hurting me. Help!
Oh Drew, if you could only remember the good ol' days when you used to do this to Jacob when he was quite small.
Grandpa Brian and TM Ma came down to help me with some gardening work...oh, and to pick up their new puppy, Bella. That would be three dogs they have now.
Grandpa Brian and Drew dug out the new front garden. Brian also taught us the best method for getting rid of Carpenter Bees...a tennis racket! I hate to hurt animals, but if they are eating my body or my house it is OK by me to get rid of them.
TM Ma weeding the garden she planted for me last fall...I guess I should have been keeping up with all of those weeds before she arrived...
And then the plantings...
Our own Drew-be-do plant.
Drew and I went to CT to help Aunt Sue-Sue with her yard sale. Time to get rid of the junk to make room for Baby Beaumont! Yay!
Drew had his first lemonade stand! He did so well. He was so brave offering his wares to strangers and using such a loud voice. I felt so bad when people didn't hear him. He made about $5! Cool! Start that college fund kid!
When selling lemonade lost it's touch, Drew moved on to testing the merchandise...this chair moved up and down...what balance Drew has!
Jude came down as well. She and Drew made grilled peaches for dessert. Yum!
Chrissy was in town for about 20 hours, so we all went to her dad's house for dinner. Steve Mitchell helped Drew climb waaaaay up in the tree in the back yard.
That would be Steve's head way down in the bottom corner of the picture. And that would be Drew's feet way up high.
Drew had his last day of school. His teachers made each of the students their own scrapbook of the year. Priceless!
Drew and his first teacher, Mrs. Belenko.
And then the Groundhogs came...first they ate my Tulips (originally I blamed it on the squirrels, but no. Now I know). Then they ate Drew's Sunflower greens. Recently they have been snacking on my Black Eyed Susan greens! I would kill them if I was bad like that, but no. We got a Have-A-Heart trap, and so far we have driven 6 (as of June 19- with at least two more to go) four miles away to a park. Could we really have that many, or are they coming back? Help!
And finally, I started working for Julia in March. She had twin girls on Valentine's Day and has a four year old boy. It was just a temporary job until she found someone willing to work full time and live-in. It turns out we have friends in common, so it has been a great job. Today was actually my last day. OUR last day- Drew often came with me. His job was to play with Trey and my job was to take care of the girls. Yesterday we had a fun play day. Julia invited us to the Popcorn Zoo which is rescue site for abandoned and/or abused animals...peacocks, horses, monkeys, tigers, pigs, goats, deer, birds...
Drew and Trey walk right over to the greeter. A very showy peacock.
Drew was able to pet these guys.
Now we are packing for our annual Jersey Shore Talcott family vacation with Jim's dad's whole side of the family. Look for a new update sooner than later!
No comments:
Post a Comment