Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Big Poop Has Landed

Well, a lot has been going on, but we have been so busy making friends and playing outside that we just haven't had time for the computer.

First, Drew had this stuttering thing...it started about two weeks ago, and it has already stopped. We were a bit nervous, but we learned that it was quite normal, and the kind of stuttering that he was doing (whole word repetition as opposed to partial word) was most often a phase. Anyway, out with the stuttering and in with the rhyming! I used to teach Kindergartners how to rhyme, so Jim and I are both quite impressed with his newest past time. He'll rhyme both real and made up words. Pretty cool.

Drew and I got a package in the mail last Friday. Although Spring has sprung, we wear our new hats in the morning when it is still chilly in the house. Thanks so much Jude for your skillful knitting! We love them (and Drew's head will have to be remeasured for his winter hat since his brain is increasing the size of his head so much!) Oh, and Jim is VERY jealous and was wondering why he didn't get one! Whoopsy!


Next Grandpa Jim and Margaret came up for a visit and Drew went on his first pony ride (with TM Ma by his side- since I was busy on my own Pony!)




We started our garden. We have been preparing the actual garden in the ground for days, so we finally decided to start some seeds in little starter pots.


Grandpa Jim bought Drew a red wagon for Christmas and we finally took it out of the box and put it together. What a great way for me to get some exercise and for Drew to start out his afternoon.


And then the biggest news of all came straight from Drew's mouth: "My body is telling me that I have to make a boom-boom on the potty." And off he went to his potty to make a big ol' poop! Yay! Last year at this same time he was a big pooper on the potty, but then acquired this potty fear. We pretty much let him lead the way- which was far away from any toilets for awhile. He's been peeing on the potty whenever I ask him to, and just this last week started going when he needed to. Then yesterday he did a little poop, and today he did a big boom-boom. We are so proud! Thank you Spring for letting us allow Drew to run around nudey-buns!

The poop is in the potty and as much as I wanted Drew to pose with his pooper, I held back and opted for a picture of Drew and Jim picking out cool stickers with the potty in the background!

2 comments:

Kristi Ann said...

Yay Drew!!! Boys seem to be so much easier to potty train than girls (at least in MY experience)... I am so proud of him!!! :) :)

And we have the SAME wagon! :) We were riding around in it the other day! :) I'll have to post a few pics for you!

Hope you are well!
Hugs to the boys!~

Anonymous said...

You guys are too cute with your hats! We will have to definitely make his winter hat a little bigger for sure.

I hope you like yours with the big brim and I hope it wasn't too large for your noggin. The best part is if you want something in a tighter knit or a different color...I am always happy to knit one up.

I am not sure why we didn't measure Jim's head when we say each other but please give me the digits and some idea of color and I am happy to knit him something for the winter.

I did Drew's in cotton so he could enjoy it on the chillier spring day vs. wool or alpaca. That would be the only other question for for Jim.