My little boy started school last week! I never in a million years thought Drew would be starting school before he was three!
It all started with Rebekkah...she was looking at preschools for Jacob last fall for next fall (when he will only have turned two a couple of months before). So then I felt behind the ball.
Luckily open houses were starting to be advertised for preschools around here. We went to a few and then I saw an ad for this one that sounded so great...it was on a farm. Perfect. What more could I want for Drew- besides other little kids. When I showed Jim the ad he realized that was where he went to preschool! How cute!
We went to the open house and talked with the teachers and before we knew it we were signing Drew up for preschool for the following week. OK, it wasn't that fast. We went to the open house, loved it, talked about it that night, called them several days later about the possibility of Drew starting sooner than next fall, took Drew on a 'private tour' (which he enjoyed), and then we signed him up.
I was a bit nervous, but I do believe Rebekkah was more nervous than me- just like for my wedding. Thank goodness I have her to take care of my worrying. Anyway, Drew did so well. He was so ready to hang out with other little kids and do 'projects.' He actually gave me a growly face the first day I picked him up. He wanted to know why he had to leave already! That felt so good.
And then the time to myself...OK I did all sorts of chores, but things that are harder to do with Drew around.
And I've started to work on my license and subbing certificate for NJ.
No comments:
Post a Comment